Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Do we exist?

     Several years ago I was driving around in a town where I previously lived and became aware of a church that I did not know existed.  I had never heard of the church.  I had never heard of the pastor of the church.  I had never heard anyone talk about the church.  I did not know what the church believed or when they met.  I wondered "does this church really exist?" 

     My question was relevant then and it is still relevant now.  Just because there was a small sign indicating that there was a church did not prove that the church existed.  So my question for us to consider is "when do we know a church exist in a community?"  What is the sign that a church is present in a community? 

     You see the truth is that just because there is a building present does not mean a church is really in the community.  I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this idea. 

     Here is another idea to consider.  "If a christian works in your workplace and no one knows that a christian works in your work place, does the christian really work in  your workplace?"  What do you think?  Perhaps you have seen the dilemma in this question.  The key to anwering this question is seen in the idea of YOUR workplace.  Do others know that a Christian exists in your workplace?  What are you doing about it?  I would love to hear your comments. 

     I guess I could ask "if I write a blog and no one notices the blog does the blog really exist?"  Now that is a question that begs to be answered.  Perhaps you can provide me an answer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment